Youthful-looking and tight skin is something that is almost universally liked. Tight and lustrous skin is simply an unbeatable look. Because of aging or other reasons, however, skin can become saggy and take away from the normal glow of your face. If you would like to regain that glow, CK Plastic Surgery is the solution for you. Through facelift surgery, revive your skin to look younger. CK plastic surgery specializes in both Surgical Facelift and Non-Surgical Facelift treatments. Dr. K. Charles Kim is one of the very best plastic surgeons in Costa Mesa, serving his valued clients with artistic excellence. His past clients have provided glowing reviews showing how extremely happy they have been with his work.
CK Plastic Surgery Center serves Los Angeles as well. If you are looking for CK Non-Surgical Facelift Los Angeles or CK Facelift Los Angeles, both treatments are available from the same practice. CK Facelift Costa Mesa is one of the most popular surgery centers in Costa Mesa.
1.What is a Face lift?
With the help from supporting ligaments, facial skin and muscles are firmly attached to the facial skeleton. With age and gravity, these attachments can become loose and will start to sag. You won’t gain a youthful look even from treatments to remove your fine wrinkles because of this sagginess of skin. A face lift brings back your face to before when the sagging started. Dr. K. Charles Kim is an expert in Surgical Facelifts in Los Angeles and Non-Surgical Facelifts in nearby areas.
2.Who needs a Face lift?
1. People that have lost significant skin elasticity and/or who are in their 40’s or 50’s with sagging skin
2. People that are in their 60’s or 70’s that are experiencing significant aging effects
3. People that have severed nasolabial folds, a double chin, prominent deep neck wrinkles, sagging cheeks, a sagging chin or significant facial wrinkles
1. The surgery is performed while under general anesthesia and usually lasts for around three hours.
2. An incision along the wrinkle line is made at ear’s front and back, starting at the side of the head.
3. After a removal of the loose skin, the current skin is stretched back and upward.
4. During this procedure, SMAS is also firmly pulled which removes sagging facial skin as well as the neck to create a maximum effect.
5. Excess skin is cut along an incision to promote a natural look and is then sutured meticulously.
4. Caution – Before Undertaking a Surgery
1. Do not forget to consult your doctor regarding every medicine you take. For those who are on medication, especially for blood coagulation and/or thrombosis (such as aspirin, plavix, coumadin, or other pain killers) you must stop taking these medicines two weeks beforehand when you are to undergo surgery.
2. For those who consume health remedies, including red ginseng, nutritional supplements, oriental medicine, vitamins A/E, hormones, antibiotics, chlorella, glucosamine, omega3 and other such items, you must stop consuming them two weeks before you undergo surgery.
3. People who have high tension must consult with their doctor and work to keep blood pressure at a regular level before undergoing surgery.
4. If you are menstruating or you are on your menstruation period, you must avoid undertaking surgery.
5. Those undertaking surgery must quit drinking and smoking two weeks before the surgery.
5. Postoperative Care
1. Hospitalization unnecessary and you may receive outpatient treatment.
2. To prevent swelling post-surgery, wear your press bandages for about three days afterwards. After that, you may wear just a mask during bedtime.
3. To deal with any swelling, use of a cold pack is highly recommended.
4. Your daily routine may be resumed starting from your surgery day, while washing your face and applying makeup can resume starting with the third day.
5. All stitches are removed on the seventh day after your surgery.
6. You will experience some temporary pain for at least two days as well as some bruising and some swelling. All of the pain will cease within two weeks.
7. You will experience some stretching of the face and a bit of numbness, though this will disappear after a short amount of time.
8. Smoking, drinking, visiting saunas, coloring your hair, and getting a permanent should be avoided for around a month.
2970 W.Olympic Blvd
Los Angeles CA 90006