01.What is Fat Transfer?
The process of facial aging begins with sagging skin, fine wrinkles cause by frequent muscles usage and pits are caused by uneven fat distribution. With young people, it can be stressful for those who look older than their actual age due to a flat unstructured face. Fat Transplant is performed by implanting the patient’s own body fat harvested from their abdomen, buttocks or thighs into their wrinkles or scanty areas on the face. The transplant recreates the face to be well-defined, young and healthy looking. During this transplant, you can correct your face and get rid of excess fat tissues from other parts of your body. Only clean and uniformed quality of fat is used after removing any debris on the tissue. Then it will be inserted into the skin and muscles with delicacy in order to increase the engraftment rate. Therefore, fat transplant must be performed by an experienced specialist surgeon.
02.who needs Fat transfer?
1. People who look old due to sunken cheeks or depressed areas under the cheekbone
2. People who look old due to deep nasolabial folds
3. People who are concerned about a flat forehead, receding chin, and flat cheekbones
4. Additionally: temple, bridge of the nose, lips and the back of one’s hand.
1. The surgery is performed by sedating the patient under general anesthesia and surgery takes approximately one hour.
2. Clean fat tissues from the abdomen or thighs are collected so that do not get damaged and stored properly for transplant.
3. Using a small injection needle, the collected fat tissues are evenly inserted into the subcutaneous tissue, muscle or fascia along the wrinkle lines.
4. If needed, the transplant will be completed with suture.
05.Caution before undertake a surgery
1.Don’t forget to consult with your doctor, as to every medicine that you take. Those who take medicines, especially, for blood coagulation and thrombosis (aspirin, plavix, coumadin or any other pain killers) have to stop taking these kinds of medicines before two weeks when you undergo a surgery.
2.Those who eat healthy foods, such as red ginseng, nutritional supplements, oriental medicine, vitamin, A/E, hormone, anti-biotics, chlorella, glucosamine, omega 3 and the likes, have to stop eating these kinds of foods before two weeks when you undergo a surgery.
3.People with high tension have to consult with a doctor and keep the blood pressure at a normal level before undergo a surgery.
4.Those who are just before you menstruate or you are on the menstruation period had better avoid undertaking a surgery.
5.Those who will undertake a surgery have to stop drinking and smoking before two weeks before you undertake a surgery.
06.Post Operative Care OPERATIVE CARE
1.Hospitalization is not necessary and you can receive outpatient treatment.
2.To prevent bleeding and swelling after surgery, you need to wear press bandages over the harvested region (legs, abdomen) for about three days.
3.Do not use a cold or hot pack after surgery and pressure over the surgical area should be avoided for 2~3 weeks.
4.Daily routine is allowed starting the day of surgery, but washing the face and applying makeup is allowed after removing the bandages on the third day.
5.If suture is needed, they will all be removed within 3~5 days.
6.You will experience mild pain and light bruising, swelling and the stretching of the face but they will disappear after 1~2 weeks. 7.Drinking, smoking, and visiting the sauna should be avoided for about a month.