01.What is Face lift?
With the help of supporting ligaments, the skin and muscles are firmly attached to the facial skeleton. But with age and gravitational forces, the attachments become loose and start to sag. You cannot gain a youthful look even after treatments to remove the fine wrinkles because of the sagginess of the skin. A face lift will bring back your face before the sagging started.
02.Who needs Face lift?
1. People who have lost massive skin elasticity and are in their forties or fifties with sagging skin
2. People in their sixties or seventies who are experiencing advanced aging
3. People who have sever nasolabial folds, double chin, deep neck wrinkles, sagging fat sacks on the cheeks, sagging chin or overall severe facial wrinkles
1. Surgery is performed under general anesthesia and lasts for about three hours.
2. An incision is made along the wrinkle line at the front and back of the ear which start at the side of the head.
3. After a complete dissection of the loose skin, the skin is stretched back and upward over the face.
4. In this procedure, SMAS is also tightly pulled to remove sagging facial skin and the neck creating a maximum effect.
5. Excess skin is cut along the incision for a natural look and sutured meticulously.
05.Caution before undertake a surgery
1.Don’t forget to consult with your doctor, as to every medicine that you take. Those who take medicines, especially, for blood coagulation and thrombosis (aspirin, plavix, coumadin or any other pain killers) have to stop taking these kinds of medicines before two weeks when you undergo a surgery.
2.Those who eat healthy foods, such as red ginseng, nutritional supplements, oriental medicine, vitamin, A/E, hormone, anti-biotics, chlorella, glucosamine, omega3 and the likes, have to stop eating these kinds of foods before two weeks when you undergo a surgery.
3.People with high tension have to consult with a doctor and keep the blood pressure at a normal level before undergo a surgery.
4.Those who are just before you menstruate or you are on the menstruation period had better avoid undertaking a surgery.
5.Those who will undertake a surgery have to stop drinking and smoking before two weeks before you undertake a surgery.
1.Hospitalization is not necessary and you can receive outpatient treatment.
2.To prevent swelling after surgery, you should wear press bandages for about three days. Afterwards, you can just wear a mask during bedtime.
3.To prevent swelling, the use of cold pack is recommended.
4.Daily routine is allowed starting the day of surgery while washing the face and applying makeup is allowed starting the third day.
5.All stitches will be removed on the seventh day after surgery.
6.You will experience temporary pain for at least two days and bruising, swelling and all of the pain will disappear within two weeks.
7.You will experience a stretching of the face and numbness but this will all disappear after a short period of time.
8.Drinking, smoking, visiting the sauna, hair coloring, and perm should be avoided for about a month.